Very excited to see this month’s Cookie Carnival recipe from Niagara’s own Anna Olson!! I love to watch her Food Network show SUGAR as she creates a recipe then “switches it up” for another look …. Today we bake banana & peanut butter !
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons golden brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- For cookies, preheat oven to 350° F. Cream together butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in peanut butter. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture and blend in. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and crisscross mark them with a floured fork. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until cookies just start to colour around the edges.
- For filling, in sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugars and increase heat to medium-high. Stir until melted and bubbling. Add rum (watch out for flames). Add cinnamon. Stir in bananas to coat, set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Mash bananas and add to cream cheese mixture until smooth. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Fill between 2 peanut butter cookies to make sandwiches. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Yield: 12 sandwich cookies.